Around 90 people attended the Underride Roundtable today. The discussions were lively and interactions were fruitful. More reports will be upcoming in the days ahead.
View the entire event here: https://event.webcasts.com/starthere.jsp?ei=1100569
Reports on the event:
- From the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, host of the event: Truck underride roundtable addresses problem of deadly crashes
- Observations by Dawn King, volunteer and president of TSC: Crash dummy survives!
- News article by Jim Healey, aTrucks.com reporter who attended the Roundtable: Traffic Experts Debate How to Prevent Deadly Truck Underride Crashes
- Truck Safety Coalition: http://trucksafety.org/survivors-assistance/truck-underride-roundtable/.
- Newscast on the Roundtable:NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sports and WeatherIIHS Unveils New Safety Improvements for Tractor Trailers
- Interiew of Randy & Laurie Higginbotham, Memphis, TN, who attended the Roundtable Parents Turn Tragedy Of Losing Son Into Life Saving Mission
- The Virginian Pilot interviews Matt Brumbelow Research Engineer from IIHS and Jennifer Tierney, Truck Safety Coalition: Safety Group Tests Rear Crash Bar on Trucks
- Here is a brief look at the event from the law firm of Andy Young, who was the moderator of the panel discussion in the afternoon:
— Rebekah Chojnacki (@RebekahJKarth) May 5, 2016