Eric Flack, Investigative Reporter at WUSA9, recently began an extensive investigation into truck underride. The segments which have already aired are listed here. They plan to shed light on the problem until it is adequately addressed in this country.
- Introduction by Eric Flack: A danger on the highway. . .
- Part 1 aired on July 13, “Mothers fight for tougher tractor trailer laws after daughters die in underride crashes”
- Part 2 aired on July 14, “Cost of a Life,” and
- Part 3 aired on Tuesday, July 18, “Truck trailer rear guard rules have huge holes, safety experts say”
- July 18, “Big rigs, Big risks: Are rear truck guards enough?”
- Special Response to Comments on Social Media, July 19, “Rear underride accidents explained”
- Friday, July 28: “Why don’t tractor trailers have side guards?“
Wednesday, August 9: “Moms try to save lives but get caught in red tape on Capitol Hill”
Thursday, August 10: “Big rigs, big risks: Congressional response”
A Bill to Mandate Comprehensive Underride Protection: RAMCUP Draft 15 with Cover