August 3 UPDATE: The petition on the White House site is expired. Please sign our new Traffic Safety Ombudsman Petition at Care2; http://www.thepetitionsite.com/384/321/600/end-preventable-crash-fatalities-appoint-a-national-traffic-safety-ombudsman/
We are asking for 100,000 Americans to sign our new petition on WhiteHouse petition site. Once we get 150 signatures, it will become searchable on their website.
If we are able to get 100,000 signatures in 30 days — by July 31, then the White House has promised that they will respond to our new petition, which calls on President Obama to appoint a National Traffic Safety Ombudsman, who will be an Advocate for Safer Roads.
SIGN & SHARE the TRAFFIC SAFETY OMBUDSMAN Petition: https://wh.gov/i6kUj
PLEASE NOTE: If you sign the petition, be sure to go to your email. We the People will send you an email which you have to reply to in order to confirm your signature is valid.
What the Traffic Safety Ombudsman Petition says:
Every average day in the U.S., 100 of our loved ones die in crashes and 400 more suffer serious crash injuries–along with $2 Billion in crash losses.
We propose that the President establish an independent Office of National Traffic Safety Ombudsman to be an advocate to eliminate preventable crash deaths and serious injuries.
We need someone who has a mandate to advocate on behalf of the victims, someone who is not compromised by competing interests. We call on the President to take this action to protect our families and loved ones from one of the leading causes of preventable death.
Traffic Safety has not been a national priority. Without this Presidential action, too many lives will continue to be lost to vehicle violence.
Please SIGN the Petition: https://wh.gov/i6kUj. Then, SHARE this post. We have to get 100,000 in 30 days! July 31 is the target date.
- Traffic Safety Ombudsman (Advocate); Missing piece of Vision Zero Strategy
- What would I do if I were the National Traffic Safety Ombudsman?
- Move Us Toward Zero Crash Deaths: Create Office of National Traffic Safety Ombudsman (Advocate)
- Millions of good reasons to adopt a National Vision Zero Goal & Appoint a Traffic Safety Ombudsman
- Are you aware that preventable Death by Motor Vehicle is one of the leading causes of death?
- U.S.A. Crash Death Clock
- Could Tesla crash fatality have been prevented if trucks were required to have #sideguards?
- Do it, President Obama, for We the People of this United States of America! #VisionZero
- What will it take to make a significant reduction in the number of people who die on our roads?
A grieving mom appeals to the President (short version):
A grieving mom appeals to the President (longer version):
Let’s demand safety, America, for We the People:
SIGN & SHARE the WhiteHouse.gov TRAFFIC SAFETY OMBUDSMAN Petition: https://wh.gov/i6kUj
Questions? Comments? email me: firstname.lastname@example.org