A panel of experts discuss underride at a Briefing on The Hill, October 12, 2017, to bring greater understanding of the problem and solutions of deadly but preventable truck underride. Keith Friedman, Friedman Research Corporation, discusses Front Underride Protection.
Previous Posts on Front Underride Protection (FUP):
- People die, on a regular basis, when their car goes under the front of a large truck. Europe has a Front Underride Protection standard for large trucks. Here is some research on this topic to help inform U.S. lawmakers, regulators, and industry leaders on how we can bring this added level of protection to our roads. . . Read more here: Front Underride Protection Research; Why don’t we have FUP in the U.S.?
- How Far Have We Come In The 50 Years Since Jayne Mansfield’s Death By Truck Underride?
- “Crash Analysis of Front UnderRun Protection Device using Finite Element Analysis” research from India
- Powerful & Informative Case Made for Underride Guard Improvement by Trucker/Attorney
- Why Front Underride or Front Underrun is Important (Deadly yet preventable?)
- FRONT Underrun Protection Systems (FUPS) Research; So why does Europe require this & US does not?