A panel of experts discuss underride at a Briefing on The Hill, October 12, 2017, to bring greater understanding of the problem and solutions of deadly but preventable truck underride. Robert Lane, VP of Product Engineering at Wabash National — a trailer manufacturer, discusses their commitment to development of underride protective devices for the prevention of underride deaths and debilitating injuries.
Posts and articles on side underride:
- Estimating Side Underride Fatalities Using Field Data
- How Wabash Prototype Side Guard Could Impact Truck Underride Innovation, Technology, & Regulation
- History of Underride Research & Reports: 1896 to 2017
- What about truck SIDE GUARDS and protection for pedestrians & cyclists?
- Side Guards: The original intent of NHTSA rulemakers in the 1969 NPRM, Docket No. 1-11; Notice 2
- New on the Market: Angel Wing Side Guard Solution To Prevent Truck Underride Deaths & Injuries
- AngelWing: “It’s what’s behind the skirt that saves lives” ™
- COLLISION SAFETY CONSULTING: TrailerGuard SYSTEM
- Cars vs. SemiTrailers – Side Underride Crashes
- WKYC Investigator | Few survive horrific side underride crashes
- Side Underride Problem & Solutions Featured on The Today Show, Ronan Farrow investigated the side underride problem and here is his report on The Today Show, February 7, 2017. . .
- Car Dragged By Semi Due To Defective Truck Design
- A real-life crash between a semi-trailer & 2 cars shows the life & death difference which underride makes.