Plans are being finalized for our delivery of almost 20,000 Vision Zero Petitions to Washington on March 3 and 4. Details are available in this Karth Vision Zero Media Advisory.
We have published a 544 page book to take with us to Washington to show government officials what we are talking about when we are asking for Vision Zero: Towards Zero Crash Deaths & Serious Injuries. The book contains all of the Vision Zero Petition signatures along with the specific details of our requests for:
- A National Vision Zero Goal.
- A White House Vision Zero Task Force.
- A Vision Zero Executive Order.
- DOT Vision Zero Rulemaking Policy (and specifically applied to the truck underride rule).
Here is a PDF: Vision Zero Petition Book Feb 2016.
The book can be purchased here.
- 9 a.m. March 3, Rep. Ellmers’ staff
- 10 a.m., March 3, Rep. Cartwright’s staff
- 11 a.m., March 3, Rep. Holding’s staff
- noon, March 3, Sen. Isakson’s staff
- 2 p.m., March 3, joint meeting with Sen. Blumenthal’s staff & Sen. Markey’s staff
- 9 a.m., March 4, Sen. Burr’s staff
- 11 a.m., March 4, DOT policy officials
- 1:30 p.m., March 4, Underride Roundtable planning meeting
Heading for the finish line (of this race anyway). We’ll be driving to Washington tomorrow. Help us get 20,000 signatures before we leave the house.